This breakfast casserole is perfect for you! It is super easy, affordable and the BEST EVER! You can totally claim this recipe and be the star of your meal.
- 6 English Muffins , halved and cut into cubes
- 16 oz roll of Breakfast Sausage , original or spicy
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper , diced
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Optional: parsley to top
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle in English muffins and drizzle with melted butter. Set aside.
- In a pan, brown sausage. Drain grease.
- Sprinkle sausage over English muffins in pan. Add peppers and onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. A knife should come out clean from center.
- Feel free to use whatever cheese variety or English muffin type you want. The sausage can be hot or mild.